Apply for the BIOIRON Training Award!
The international BioIron Society offers training awards to provide an opportunity for talented early career researchers to undertake laboratory-based research for any length of time up to 6 months within a host institution abroad.
- Applicants should be at an early stage in their research career and no more than 6 years beyond the completion of their PhD
- Applicants must be members of the BIOIRON society
The Award Includes
- Travel and accommodation expenses commensurate with the proposed length of stay, and up to €5000, subject to justification
- Waiver of registration fees for the BioIron Meeting following completion of their training period.
- Applications are considered twice a year. The next deadline for submission of applications is March 30, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
- Please send completed applications to email@example.com by March 30, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
- Applicants must complete the application form providing detailed justification for:
- Why their chosen research cannot be completed within their current institution
- How this award will advance their research
- Applicants must also provide separate supporting letters from their current and prospective supervisors
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the application within 1 month of the submission deadline, and awards may be taken up 1 – 6 months after receipt of offer letter
- Awardees must submit a written report, 2-3 pages long (Arial 12, single space) detailing the outcomes of their research within 1 month of the end of the award
- Awardees must acknowledge BioIron Society in published material ensuing from the work supported by the award
- Awardees are expected to give an oral presentation detailing the outcomes of their work at the BioIron meeting following the completion of their award
posted: November 20, 2019