Apply for the BIOIRON Training Award!
The international BioIron Society offers training awards to provide an opportunity for talented early career researchers to undertake laboratory-based research for any length of time up to 6 months within a host institution abroad.
- Applicants should be at an early stage in their research career and no more than 6 years beyond the completion of their PhD
- Applicants must be members of the BIOIRON society
The Award Includes
- Travel and accommodation expenses commensurate with the proposed length of stay, and up to €5000, subject to justification
- Waiver of registration fees for the BioIron Meeting following completion of their training period.
- Applications are considered twice a year. The next deadline for submission of applications is March 30, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
- Please send completed applications to email@example.com by March 30, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
- Applicants must complete the application form providing detailed justification for:
- Why their chosen research cannot be completed within their current institution
- How this award will advance their research
- Applicants must also provide separate supporting letters from their current and prospective supervisors
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the application within 1 month of the submission deadline, and awards may be taken up 1 – 6 months after receipt of offer letter
- Awardees must submit a written report, 2-3 pages long (Arial 12, single space) detailing the outcomes of their research within 1 month of the end of the award
- Awardees must acknowledge BioIron Society in published material ensuing from the work supported by the award
- Awardees are expected to give an oral presentation detailing the outcomes of their work at the BioIron meeting following the completion of their award
It is the applicant’s responsibility to find a suitable host lab that aligns with their research proposal and to obtain a written letter of support from the head of the host lab. A letter of support from the host lab is required with the applicant’s submission package.
posted: November 20, 2019