BIOIRON 2015 PROGRAM OUTLINE
Dates: September 6 – 10, 2015 (Sunday – Thursday)
Venue: Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
An exciting program of contemporary iron research will be presented at Bioiron 2015 in China and we hope you will be able to join us. Hangzhou is renowned for its beautiful scenery and is known to the Chinese as ‘Heaven on Earth’.
The program will begin with an Introductory Course that covers the following topics:
- The chemistry of iron in biological systems
- Anemia of cancer and inflammation
- Diagnosing and treating iron disorders
The Core Program will consist of a range of plenary and concurrent sessions that focus on the following main areas:
- Cardiac iron homeostasis (Special Symposium)
- Iron, immunity and infection
- Iron metabolism in the kidney
- Aging, chronic disease and iron
- Methods for measuring and imaging iron
- New perspectives on cellular iron metabolism
In addition to these activities, there will be a special series of Meet the Expert Sessions for trainees.
The conference is the premier event of the International Bioiron Society and is the focus for the international community of scientists and clinicians who work on the basic biology, physiology and pathophysiology of iron. It will feature the very best speakers in the iron field from around the world.